Thursday, July 9, 2020

Long time no see

What's up blog family!

It's been a long time since I kept you (in Rakim's voice)...waiting.  I missed you all.  Balancing life and having time to blog about various topics of interest is the reason for such a long hiatus. 

I took a few weeks of reflection/introspection (Corona-cation aside) to prioritize summer away from the classroom.  I definitely have started to read the small mound of literature from the YA Lit book cart.  The novel I am reading is A Hope More Powerful that the Sea.  It's a good read so far, that keeps a good pace, once getting into the plot.  Doaa is the main character.  Her and her family flee their home in Syria due to civil war, heading for safer terrain in Egypt.

I have re-committed to consistent exercise in some form. Being consistent, yes the struggle is real. My main goal is to be fit in order to maintain health. A curvaceous body is secondary.  I also tried chair yoga.  My tight muscles welcomed it.  It was relaxing and fun.

Is it me or is anyone else all Zoomed out?!  There have been so many meetings going on weekly that is has been borderline exhausting. Also the number of daily interactions via Whatsapp, chat messages, texts, etc. have been superfluous and exhaustive as well. I'm just now managing to find a healthy balance. 

What do you do to relax? How do you find balance?  Have you started any new hobbies or interests during our global reset aka COVID-19?



No comments:

Post a Comment